International Hospital Federation (IHF)
Karolinska University Hospital is an International Hospital Federation (IHF) associate member. IHF is an organization providing its members with a platform for knowledge exchange and networking with different actors in the health sector. IHF has over 130 members working together to improve the standard, quality, and level of healthcare service delivery. Through the member organizations, IHF functions as a voice of hospitals and health systems in the global arena.
IHF’s vision is a world of healthy communities served by well-managed hospitals and health services where all individuals reach their highest potential for health.
The mission is to:
- Support organizations to promote and deliver healthcare
- Promote interaction among different health system actors
- Share knowledge and experiences
- Support the creation of new national hospital associations
- Disseminate evidence-based information
- Help hospital decision-makers define strategies