Carolin Ahlinder gets elected to EAPCI – as the only Swedish representative
EAPCI’s mission is to reduce the burden of cardiovascular disease through percutaneous cardiovascular interventions.
◾ ◾ ◾
Hi Carolin, congratulations getting elected to EAPCI’s board, how does it feel?
– It feels big and very honorable. I am obviously very happy and proud that they chose me, says Caroline with a smile.
What does it entail or mean to get elected to EAPCI’s board?
– I will be part of the EAPCI board for Nurses and allied professionals. I represent Karolinska and Sweden – as the only Swedish representative, says Carolin.
Carolin will be the face of Karolinska and Sweden towards Europe and the world.
– We are working to strengthen the nurse's role in cardiology percutaneous intervention, primarily through research and education, adds Carolin.
What will you work towards, in the future?
– In the near future, we will work hard to digitize the European certification, says Carolin and continues.
– The certification will be divided into several different exams. At present, it is a large exam that is only written once a year in Paris, covering everything in both structural heart disease and ischemia (pharmacology, physiology, radiology, guidelines)
– It suits me well, because I am passionate about education and development, says Carolin and smiles.