Specialist trainee program
It is offered on condition that there is a public sponsor/employer in the resident’s home country accepting to bear all related costs, such as tuition fee and living expenses in Sweden.
The sponsor may be a public authority, government ministry, hospital or similar. The content and conditions of the training program will be specified in a formal agreement between the sponsor and Karolinska University Hospital.
- You must have earned an M.D. degree from a recognized medical school and be registered as a medical practitioner and authorized to practice medicine in your home country.
- You must have at least two years of documented clinical experience of independent work at a hospital.
- You must be able to travel to Sweden on own expenses.
- You also must have a good command of English, documented by an internationally recognized proficiency test such as: TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), IELTS (International English Language Testing System) or equivalent. TOEFL total score 575 and 4.5 on written test (paper based) or a total score of 90 and 20 on written test (Internet based test). IELTS with an overall mark of at least 6.5 and no band less than 5.5. This is applicable only if the applicant is from a country where English is not the native language.
- You must understand that you will undergo training without a Swedish license and will not be able to work after your training as a doctor in Sweden.
How to Apply
- Certificate from your sponsor, stating, accepting to bear all related costs, such as tuition fee and living expenses in Sweden.
- Letter of Intent.